Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Two weeks ago I kept having to remind myself that Atlanta was three months from running out of water in 2007.

It's the second of December and we finally just out our first really good rain here in California. So while I had faith the rains would come (eventually) - it's getting really late in the year and even I was starting to get nervous for next year. We've only had small storms so far. Getting through another year like we had this year might not be possible. We were starting to draw ground water like crazy towards the end of summer. No one even really knows how much ground water we have apparently.

One storm doesn't break a several year drought - but it just feels good to have things be moist again. I know that sounds really weird, but I was putting screw drivers into the cracks in my dirt so I could measure how deep they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment