Saturday, January 10, 2015

Oh sweet sun rays of death.



If you've read this blog long enough you know I think think these panels are bullshit.  I mean, they are a viable product. Just a very inefficient and expensive one. But judging from the drive - the desert is a pretty popular place for money pits.

The desert is one of the few places I don't think I could gentrify. Although - it looks like many have tried and failed. I wouldn't be surprised if these power generating plants met the same fate eventually.

Still, when you reach Nevada, they are pretty amazing to see in person. They have a halo of death!

And.......... if this crap weren't expensive enough? You probably need to buy a Raybot to clean these things.  Picture at the end. I mean, its probably someones job to do this. Eventually that must make you go blind. This is the view from the freeway. Imagine if you worked there! I know the picture above is mirrors, but they still need cleaned. They must need cleaning if this dude is trying to develop a drone to do the job. Seriously.

I like that this blogger says "it's not much of a problem to clean solar panels". I've been on a roof more times than I can count, and I can assure you - most people will not think that is "not much of a problem". He also has video of it.







No comments:

Post a Comment