Friday, January 02, 2015

So - this is New Years

Over the New Year I was completely in a funk. I'd never felt worse going into a New Year. I should have been happy to ditch old year and get a fresh start - but all I had was this deep sense of dread for what's coming.

But, it was the New Year, and I thought - if you don't have something nice to say about it - don't say anything at all. I have all year to be Debbie Downer.

Now that I've read through today's headlines - I'm happy to report that I was completely over-reacting. Said in the most sarcastic way.

Ya know - I was pretty scared at oil getting to 40 a barrel. Some are now reporting it might get to 14 a barrel. It just makes me shake my head. If the price of oil can take India's economy from a 7% inflation mark to 0% in one year - that is a huge deal.

Obviously the oil sector has a lag, and i don't know what that lag time is. I bet we all get to figure it out real soon though. Food hasn't started coming down yet - so my guess is we are early in.

No comments:

Post a Comment